Things you see at 4:00 am

Like many of my friends I work nights and thus I have the misfortune of being awake for a lot more hours than most people and get time to think and write accodingly. These are just reflections on the curent state of everything I have an opinion about.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Three things I never thought I would see at 4:00 am

Well my job has exposed me to a great number of completely random events but tonight was by far the most bizarre. Three things happened that I were about as common as seeing Ted Kennedy sober Designated driving for Elliot Ness.

The first was my partner and I came across a girl sitting on the curb of West Broad St. When we approached her and asked her if she was all right she told us that some dude had just taken 15 dollars from her. When we asked her how it had happened she said she had just turned a trick and the guy stiffed her (no pun intended) on her fee. Further more she said it was the second time this guy had done this to her. My reaction, uuuummmmm oooookaayyyyy well you have a good night then ma'am.

The second weird happening. Not three minutes after we spoke with the prostitute mentioned above some guy just tells us that his wife is pissed off because he just lost 13 dollars in a poker game, jokingly I asked him if he was going to find himself a nice park bench to sleep on for the night. An hour later he is walking back past us with a couch cushion cover full of the worldly possessions his wife let him leave the house with.

The last weird thing to happen. Same guy mentioned above offers my partner and I a pinch from his SKOAL can. I know that this may not sound that weird, but never before in my life has some perfect stranger offered me a pinch of SKOAL out of the blue.

Too much completely random shit for one night must drink beer and reset the day for tomorrow hoping for a return to more routine random stuff.

Also game of the week See how long in your daily routines it takes for you to encounter someone who fits all of the five village people motifs. You need a Policeman, a Biker, a Sailor, a Construction Worker, and an Indian Chief. For the sake of easing the game the Indian chief can be a native American and doesn't have to be in the head dress but bonus points if he is.

1 Comments:

Blogger James R. Rummel said...

Did you accept the snuff? If it came from the prostitute or her last John, then I would probably give it a pass if I was you.

James

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home